Saturday, September 27, 2014

Photo Blogger as Reporter

So this week I was going through the Flickr account of one PlanePhotoman. Now, I don't know if I've ever met this guy but his photography is AMAZING. He spends a lot of time around PDX just photographing aircraft of every sort as they come and go out of the airport.

Well, part of me thought, "This is nice, I can plant this guy into one of many groups that photographs planes."

But No- this guy does something more. He talks about his pictures- and a surprising number of them are series of really interesting events that probably would have made the news if it weren't occupied with other idiots' insanity. Marine squadron visits of Harriers, legacy Hornets and Prowlers, international flights from Russia and China on enormous cargo jets like AN-224s, and did you know an F-15 got stuck circling PDX some time ago when its landing gear stuck "up"? I may well be referring to this guy's photoblog from time to time just for how awesome it is!

So go on over and take a look at it. You'll love this guy's work:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/planephotoman/

Meanwhile... IamFritz.com: 2013

In other news, I have been setting out goals and projects for IamFritz.com in 2013. The site will be continuing with what has been working- I'll be creating new merchandise with 3-D and 2-D Aviation art,
funny art, more Dino stuff and so on over the next year. This blog will continue and diversify, while staying on topic. The site's look will change some, but only by getting better. I'm also going to go down another road that I haven't really touched yet, except mildly, but I think will really impress a lot of you, especially you local 142nd FW fans.



No comments:

Post a Comment