Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A little art project in my spare time...

You know those cheap, wrongly-painted little die cast metal jets you see in the Toy Aisle at Freddy's or Walmart? Well, I got bored one day, picked up a couple, and painted them up right:

F-15c Eagles from Oregon Air National Guard 123rd Fighter Squadron with Jet 31

That's right, two F-15Cs from the 123rd Fighter Squadron, Oregon Air National Guard, Fightin' Redhawks. 

I was kinda rushed taking the photos, but you might be able to tell that the F-15 in back is actually  Jet 031, the Red-tailed squadron commander's jet. I'll be stripping them down again and re-painting them with a little better detail- the tail markings are kinda mushy, and my plan to make them look like dirty, active jets just came off looking sloppy.

Just a little something I thought I'd post.

No comments:

Post a Comment